Don’t let fear get between you and the beautiful, healthy smile you deserve! Keep up with routine dental cleanings and exams comfortably and confidently at Friendly Smiles Center. We understand the potential damage fear can create for your oral health, which is why we want to earn your trust by relieving dental anxiety for good!Dr. Robert Chase on Relieving Dental Anxiety Read Transcript
So, if you're afraid of the dentist, there's some ways that we can work with our patients. Some people may not even want to sit in our chair and we will go out to the reception area and sit with you and talk with you so you don't have to feel that dental environment. Sometimes that's just enough, to allow the dentist to walk our patients back to the operatory. We sometimes will find that with our patients that they do require a little sedation if their phobia is moderate, in that we have the ability to give an inhaled sedative, which tends to just make people feel more at ease. We have the ability to also do oral sedation.
Of course, again, those little added bonuses of having a monitor over top to watch cable TV is definite good distracter for some of our patients, especially when they can select AMC or HGTV or such. It takes the person maybe out of the dental environment, just enough to allow us to gather information. We have a comfort menu, too. That's to allow patients that they feel cold, we can put a blanket, offer blanket. We have neck pillows. We also have a hot, moist towel after we do certain procedures. My team really does an excellent job on making our patients feel at home, at ease, really like family.
Feeling anxious about dental appointments is more common than you might think. Dr. Chase and our caring team have helped many patients get beyond their dental fears and get brighter, healthier smiles. We can help you, too!
We offer a comfort menu to make you feel at home and dental sedation to calm your nerves and help you relax while receiving treatment. This combination can give you the upper hand by:
- Making you feel more comfortable at the dentist
- Building your confidence about dental care
- Helping you keep important routine dental appointments
- Allowing us to catch dental problems while they’re small
- Putting you in control of your oral and overall health
- Giving you courage to pursue your dream smile with cosmetic dentistry
Call us at 856-359-4000 today to set up a worry-free visit with our Mount Laurel, NJ dentist.
Relax With Our Comfort Items & Dental Sedation Options
Pay us a friendly, stress-free visit in Mount Laurel, NJ. That way, you can familiarize yourself with the surroundings, get a feel for the atmosphere, and meet Dr. Chase and our warm, caring team at Friendly Smiles Center.
We’re a patient-centered practice that wants you to feel completely at home when you’re here! You can talk to us about your fears and concerns, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about our dental treatments.
Here are more ways we can help ease your dental anxiety:
- Comfort Menu – One of the first things you’ll notice when you arrive is the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting through the air. We do this every morning for our patients because first, cookies are delicious, and second, it helps us maintain a cozy atmosphere that feels more like home. From our new comfortable chairs in the waiting area to enjoying your favorite show on our overhead TV monitor as a nice distraction, we’ll do all we can to cater to your needs. You can also request a blanket, neck pillow, or warm towel after your treatment.
- Caring Dental Staff – You can always expect a warm greeting from our friendly staff members and a compassionate ear when you have questions, fears, or concerns. We want you to feel like a valued, respected, and supported part of our family. We also don’t ever want you to feel rushed, so you can enjoy longer appointments that let us move at a pace you’re comfortable with.
- Dental Sedation – Even with a caring, friendly team and a comfortable environment, you still might need more to calm your nerves. For that, we offer two types of dental sedation:
- Inhaled Sedation – This is administered at the start of your dental treatment to take the edge off. It’s mild and safe, yet powerful enough to help you relax so you can get the care you need.
- Oral Sedation – This is a pill you take before your appointment that puts you into a deeper state of relaxation in time for your procedure.