Don’t let fear get between you and the beautiful, healthy smile you deserve! Keep up with routine dental cleanings and exams comfortably and confidently at Friendly Smiles Center. We understand the potential damage fear can create for your oral health, which is why we want to earn your trust by relieving dental anxiety in Mount Laurel, NJ.Doctor Robert Chase on Relieving Dental Anxiety Read Transcript
When a new patient shows up, we allow them to take an office tour, so that they're a little bit familiar with what's going on behind the doors. And so, that tends to give patients a little different perspective, instead of walking them right back to the dental chair to sit down. Some of our phobic patients will be actually kinda a little shaky, or maybe palms are sweaty, as they are just, even standing in the dental office, whether it be from prior history, or just certain fears that they may have had. We will not jump right into the mouth and say, you know, “Hey, let's look in there.” We'd rather spend the time, get to know the patient, know who they are, know about their background. They may have some stories that we need to know about before we actually even talk about treatment options.
And then from there, you know, I'll ask our patients, spend the time to allow me to look around and hopefully take some X-rays. And that's enough generally, to get patients started at least, so that we can have a conversation about the teeth. And again, by using a hand mirror, it helps to identify, but then also by using our technology of putting things on screens, we can see really all the defects and things that are going on with a tooth that may not be known.
Feeling anxious about dental appointments is more common than you might think. Dr. Chase and our caring team have helped many patients get beyond their dental fears and get brighter, healthier smiles. We can help you, too!
We offer a comfort menu to make you feel at home and dental sedation to calm your nerves and help you relax while receiving treatment. This combination can give you the upper hand by:
- Making you feel more comfortable at the dentist
- Building your confidence about dental care
- Helping you keep important routine dental appointments
- Allowing us to catch dental problems while they’re small
- Putting you in control of your oral and overall health
- Giving you courage to repair dental damage with restorative dentistry or pursue your dream smile with cosmetic dentistry
Call us at 856-359-4000 today to set up a worry-free visit.
Relax With Our Comfort Items
Pay us a friendly, stress-free visit in Mount Laurel. That way, you can familiarize yourself with the surroundings, get a feel for the atmosphere, and meet Dr. Chase and our warm, caring team at Friendly Smiles Center.Friendly Smiles Center Techniques to Lessen Dental Anxiety of a Patient Read Transcript
So, if your're afraid of the dentist, there's some ways that we can work with our patients. Some people may not even want to sit in our chair and we will go out to the reception area and sit with you and talk with you so you don't have to feel that dental environment. Sometimes that's just enough, to allow the dentist to walk our patients back to the operatory. We sometimes will find that with our patients that they do require a little sedation if their phobia is moderate, in that we have the ability to give nitrous oxide, which tend to just make people feel more at ease.
We have the ability to also do oral sedation. Of course, again, those little added bonuses of having a monitor over top to watch cable TV is definite good distracter for some of our patients, especially when they can select AMC or HGTV or such. It takes the person maybe out of the dental environment, just enough to allow us to gather information. We have a comfort menu, too. That's to allow patients that they feel cold, we can put a blanket, offer blanket. We have neck pillows. We also have a hot, moist towel after we do certain procedures. My team really does an excellent job on making our patients feel at home, at ease, really like family.
We’re a patient-centered practice that wants you to feel completely at home when you’re here! You can talk to us about your fears and concerns, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about our dental treatments.
Here are more ways we can help ease your dental anxiety:
- Comfort Menu – From our comfortable chairs in the waiting area to enjoying your favorite show on our overhead TV monitor as a nice distraction, we’ll do all we can to cater to your needs. You can also request a blanket, neck pillow, or warm towel after your treatment.
- Caring Dental Staff – You can always expect a warm greeting from our friendly staff members and a compassionate ear when you have questions, fears, or concerns. We want you to feel like a valued, respected, and supported part of our family. We also don’t ever want you to feel rushed, so you can enjoy longer appointments that let us move at a pace you’re comfortable with.
Remain Calm Throughout Your Treatment With Sedation
Even with a caring, friendly team and a comfortable environment, you may need more to calm your nerves. For that, we offer two types of dental sedation:
- Inhaled Sedation – This is administered at the start of your dental treatment to take the edge off. It’s mild and safe, yet powerful enough to help you relax so you can get the care you need. Because it wears off quickly and completely, you can drive yourself home.
- Oral Sedation – This is a pill you take before your appointment that puts you into a deeper state of relaxation in time for your procedure. Its relaxing effects linger, so you’ll need to arrange a ride home.
We’re experts in relieving dental anxiety in Mount Laurel, NJ. Call Friendly Smiles Center at 856-359-4000 or to experience comfortable dental care.