If you suffer from dental anxiety, Friendly Smiles Center is here for you. For years, Mount Laurel, NJ dentist Dr. Chase and his staff have been helping other patients just like you get past their dental fear and on to better, brighter smiles. We offer an assortment of patient comfort options to help you feel at home and dental sedation to make sure those nerves you feel before your appointment become a thing of the past. Call us at 856-359-4000 today to set up a worry-free visit with our dental team.
How Friendly Smiles Center Can Help Relieve Your Dental Fear
So, if you're afraid of the dentist, there's some ways that we can work with our patients. Some people may not even want to sit in our chair and we will go out to the reception area and sit with you and talk with you so you don't have to feel that dental environment. Sometimes that's just enough, to allow the dentist to walk our patients back to the operatory. We sometimes will find that with our patients that they do require a little sedation if their phobia is moderate, in that we have the ability to give nitrous oxide, which tends to just make people feel more at ease. We have the ability to also do oral sedation.
Of course, again, those little added bonuses of having a monitor over top to watch cable TV is definite good distracter for some of our patients, especially when they can select AMC or HGTV or such. It takes the person maybe out of the dental environment, just enough to allow us to gather information. We have a comfort menu, too. That's to allow patients that they feel cold, we can put a blanket, offer blanket. We have neck pillows. We also have a hot, moist towel after we do certain procedures. My team really does an excellent job on making our patients feel at home, at ease, really like family.
Trusted Mount Laurel, NJ dentist Dr. Chase has several ways to help you manage your dental anxiety:
- Comfort Menu – The first way we make you feel comfortable in our dental office is to give you an array of comfort options. From our comfortable new waiting room chairs to the freshly baked cookies we put out each morning, we go above and beyond to make sure you feel well cared for while you’re here.
- Caring Dental Staff – One of the most important parts of helping you feel relaxed at the dentist is the staff. Everyone on our team understands that dental anxiety is hard to deal with, so we will treat you with respect and make sure you never feel like you are alone in the patient chair. We have longer appointments available so you don’t feel rushed as well.
- Dental Sedation – Friendly Smiles Center has helped countless patients combat their dental anxiety with sedation. We offer two levels of dental sedation to help you feel calm:
- Nitrous oxide (inhaled sedative)
- Oral sedation (pill-form sedative)
- Overhead TV Monitor – This can ease tension and fears of the unknown by watching, for example, sports channel highlights or HGTV’s ‘Fixer Upper’!
There Is Nothing to Fear at Friendly Smiles Center
Call our Mount Laurel, NJ dentist office today at 856-359-4000 to schedule your dental anxiety relief appointment. You can also use our online form to schedule a visit. Our team will do all we can to help you get past your dental anxiety so you can get the care you need.