You could break, crack, or lose a tooth anytime and anywhere. If you do, you should get it fixed as quickly as possible. That usually means getting dental crowns and bridges in Mount Laurel, NJ. These are just two of the restorative services we offer our patients.
Doctor Robert Chase on dental crowns and bridges Read Transcript
If someone has lost a tooth and we need to replace that area where the other teeth may shift, we have a few options, one being where we could possibly place an implant and basically a post and a crown that goes on top of the implant, if it's a single tooth. If it's a few teeth, again, you would see maybe a couple implants and a couple of crowns. But there are other options. The standard for years we've had available caps or crowns, which are the same thing. It's just by name. Then we have bridges.
Now, I want to distinguish that bridges are not removable, unlike partial dentures, which are. A bridge is actually cemented or bonded to the tooth, just as a single cap or crown, so we're able to restore significant quadrants or corners of the mouth with bridges and such. It's an excellent service.
By coming to Friendly Smiles Center, you can:
- Rebuild your natural smile
- Eat anything you want without pain
- Protect the natural teeth you still have
- Get a new tooth in a single visit
Don’t wait to replace what’s missing from your smile. Take action today to avoid bigger problems and more expensive treatments down the road. Call 856-359-4000 now to make your appointment.
Save Time & Hassle With a Same-Day Dental Crown
You can get your oil changed on your lunch break. You can get a pizza in about 30 minutes. So, why should you wait weeks for a dental crown?
The typical process for getting crowns is long and drawn out:
- A dentist takes measurements, which are sent to a dental laboratory
- Your tooth is reshaped to prepare for your crown
- You get a temporary crown to wear while you wait for the lab to make a crown for you
- Often weeks later, you return to the dentist when the crown is finally ready
- Assuming it fits correctly, the crown is bonded to your tooth
You can save time and an extra trip to the dentist if you get your crown from us. With our CEREC system, we can:
- Scan your teeth
- Prepare your tooth for the crown
- Program our in-office milling machine to create a custom-designed crown while you wait
- Ensure the fit is perfect and place the crown before you leave
You won’t need a temporary crown. Instead, you can have your new tooth in a few hours!
We’ll Build a Bridge to Bring Back Your Smile
Missing teeth present a different issue than broken, cracked, or decayed teeth. No need to worry. You can fill that gap in your teeth with a dental bridge. To build this kind of bridge, dental crowns are fused together. There are two kinds of bridges you can get from us:Dr. Chase Talks about Getting a Dental Crown at Friendly Smiles Center Read Transcript
If the tooth has really broken down or has other issues, fractured and such, it may be that it needs the full cover of a cap or a crown. That works very well for our patients that have lost most of the tooth structure. At the same time too, that we're able to save the tooth. In our office, when it becomes an onlay or a crown, we do not need to send the case out to our laboratory to fabricate and then wait two weeks for it to come back. We basically we make it in our office, polish it. Your're still numb. We cement it and you're actually going home probably having lunch or dinner on that same side after the dental procedure. It's an excellent procedure.
- Fixed Bridge – The teeth closest to your missing tooth or teeth will be reshaped much like they would for a crown. Then a bridge is bonded to your healthy teeth.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – Dental implants take the place of your missing tooth roots. This provides support and stability for your bridge. It also means we don’t need to do anything to your healthy teeth to close the space in your smile. A single implant also can be used to support a dental crown. Many people prefer this to a fixed bridge.
Dental crowns and bridges in Mount Laurel, NJ have helped countless patients restore their teeth. If you have missing or damaged teeth, you owe it to yourself to see how they could help you preserve your smile. Call 856-359-4000 for an appointment or .